I am unsure about the cost involved in hiring a doula.
- THE BIRTH MAP: Boldly Going Where No Birth Plan Has Gone Before is a comprehensive guide to birth preparation and preparing for life beyond the birth day. This is the 'club secrets', and will save you much anxiety and time by revealing all the elements to birth that require informed decisions. It also becomes a keepsake, a record, of your journey of preparation for your precious baby. You may find this guide is enough to prepare you.
- If you are fortunate, you will have a friend or relative that is experienced in birth who can provide you with extra support.
- It can be overwhelming navigating the information on offer during pregnancy and early parenting. Even if you don't want a doula at the birth, A doula is an invaluable investment for your birth preparation. A doula is a reassuring and consistent way to ensure you stay on Your Path. There is no One Way, and a good mentor helps you to find Your Way. A doula can help you to set up a support network and find and interpret resources.
Many people will spend more on unnecessary baby items than they will on this invaluable support. Family and friends may be happy to contribute to the cost of a doula, rather than buying you unnecessary baby items. Some doulas offer a payment plan.
Consider the value a doula adds to your birth experience:
- A doula provides many dedicated hours to you, including being on call in the weeks leading up to your due date until your baby is born.
- A doula invests much time and money into continuous education and keeping up-to-date with evidence-based resources. The networking a doula undertakes means that you are provided with a 'brains trust' of information.
- An experienced doula will have local knowledge and strong working relationships developed with various medical and alternative care providers, this alone is an invaluable resource.
See more FAQ